It’s that time of year when extra food lurks around every corner – Cakes, Chocolate, Biscuits, Finger foods at the office or at home. All these extras food add up, and if you’re like most people, you’ll put on a pound or two by New Year’s Day.
So what’s the harm in a little holiday weight gain, especially if it’s just a pound? According to researchers at the National Institutes of Health, most people never lose the weight they gain during the festive holidays. The pounds add up year after year, making holiday weight gain an important factor in adult obesity.
But you don’t have to fall into this trap. It is possible to enjoy holiday goodies without putting on a single pound. How you may say! “Portion control is the key,” I don’t believe you can’t eat food that you like (even indulgences), but it is the amount you eat,” Of course, it’s not easy to go on portion patrol when the temptations are endless.
Useful Tips for portion control
- Plate size (or buy a portion control plate)
- Fill up on fruits : 2 portions a day and vegetable
- Half your existing portion size
- Limit liquid calories
- Buy food in small portions
- Avoid Your Triggers: If you can’t stop at one handful of groundnut, then don’t even start. – Choose a treat you can control
- Serve food on a plate not eat off the containers or packaging
- Eat slow and savour every bit of the food
So while having the a wonderful festive period, you are accountable for the extra calories you eat. Remember eat to nourish your body, and stay fit by exercising.
For More lifestyle Change tips follow me IG:- @graciousmi_lifestyle , Twitter :- @gracious_mi , Facebook :- @graciousmilifestyle and for more information of Meal plans, weight loss Mentoring or starting a lifestyle change contact me :- email@example.com