HomeDNA™ Healthy Weight is a revolutionary DNA test and program that examines the genetic markers (SNPs) that influence weight and provides customised diet and exercise strategies for a healthier you. With the genetic testing technology and scientific understanding of the human genome available today, it is now possible to develop individually-tailored nutrition and fitness programs based on your unique DNA. Simply collect your DNA sample using the painless, simple cheek swabs included in your kit, send them to the lab, and within a few short weeks, results are posted to your secure online account.
- Learn more about your genetic profile to achieve a healthy weight
- Obtain nutrition and exercise recommendations tailored to you
- Receive ongoing support through a library of videos, articles, and recipes curated to your genotype
Test Results Include:
- Detailed analysis of the genetic markers influencing your weight
- Personalised recommendations for:
- Foods to eat—the best foods to meet your caloric needs
- Nutrients—Optimal nutrient needs and most effective supplements
- Best exercises—Ideal exercises to achieve and maintain your healthiest weight
- Exclusive online access to a comprehensive resource library containing hundreds of articles, videos, and recipes specially curated to your unique results
When you receive your DNA test results, we will review them with you to understand what, if any, lifestyle changes you should make to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight. This test can supplement your knowledge of your body to help maintain optimal weight and make better lifestyle choices that may improve your overall health.
The Science Behind the Test
Genetic testing has moved into the mainstream and is the future of preventive health. In addition to the thousands of tests being offered for medical conditions and diseases, the science and research behind genetic testing related to lifestyle and wellness markers has progressed to the point of understanding the specific genes dictating how the human body processes carbohydrates, fat, protein, micronutrients, and more, and how specific genes determine the effectiveness of certain fitness activities.
With the advanced genetic testing technology and scientific understanding of the human genome available today, it is now possible to develop individually-tailored nutrition and exercise programs that are based on and curated to your unique DNA. Only now has the cost of genetic testing come down to the point where it is feasible to use this technology for health management programs offered to the general public.
Programs tailored to an individual’s DNA have proven to be much more effective than generic programs. A recent study published by the European Society of Human Genetics found that dieters employing weight management programs tailored to the individual’s genome lost up to 33% more weight than those following standard, “one size fits all” weight loss programs. With the latest genomic technology, any health management program that does not take an individual’s genetic profile into account is simply guesswork.
Clinical studies and research on genetic testing related to lifestyle and wellness markers have been rapidly increasing in quality and volume since the human genome was first mapped in 2003. As the testing technology improves and the cost of analyzing an individual’s DNA decreases, more research facilities and universities around the world are able to perform more studies with larger test subject groups, all leading to more being discovered about the connections between genetics and preventive health.
Dr. Mark Sarzynski, a top researcher in the field of exercise genomics, and his team review relevant published research, and update our solution protocols to include newly identified findings so HomeDNA customers have the soundest scientific basis for their weight management recommendations.
5 Easy Steps to Get your HomeDNA™ Healthy Weight Analysis + Report
- Buy/Order your complete DNA test through our online shop today,
- We come to you or you come to the office and we do the swab sample
- we mail the samples to DDC lab in the USA
- You will receive an email within 30 days that your personalised report is ready and we analysis it and send you a copy and prepare a meal plan and exercise plan for you.
In addition to your customised report, you can access the online platform anytime, anywhere, to enjoy a comprehensive library of videos, articles, and recipes that are curated specifically for your genotype.