What is it about the last 5kg? Whether you have lost 45kg (like me) or 10kg, it always seems like the last 5kg are the hardest to lose. When you first start a new diet or exercise program, the weight seems to fly off effortlessly. At some point though, usually with 2-5kg to go, your results hit a plateau.
Are you gaining muscle? Have you maxed out your potential? Are you just meant to be a little thicker than those around you?
Whatever the reason may be, the bottom line is you aren’t completely satisfied with where you’re at. You have reached a point where simply “eating healthy” or “eating low calorie” is not enough and you have to take things to the next level if you really want to reach the goal you set out for. If you follow these 10 rules, you will get there. Here’s how to lose those stubborn last 5kg.
1) Every time you open your mouth, eat meat, vegetables, and healthy fats.
2) Workout less: Intensity is far more important than the length of your workouts
3) Sleep more.
4) Limit fruit, sweet potatoes, and other starchy carbohydrates to your post-workout meal only.
5) Cut out all liquid calories.
6) Eliminate excess whey protein and other supplements.
7) Experiment with intermittent fasting: Intermittent fasting is a specific period of time that you choose to go without eating, usually lasting between 12-24 hours at a time
8) Watch out for trap foods: fruit, nuts.
9) Get outside and walk (move) every day.
10) Focus on performance goals: Focus on ways to enjoy the process. If you really want this time to be different, then you have to focus on something different.
Commit to these rules for 2-3 weeks and I guarantee that you will look and feel better than you ever have in your life.